Monday, October 15, 2007

The Greenway



Maryville and Alcoa, Tennessee. In thinking about how I could participate in Blog Action Day's theme of environmental issues, what immediately came to mind was to introduce you (for those of you not familiar) to the Maryville-Alcoa Greenway. It is a beautiful connection of parks and green spaces that runs between the two cities. It is a great example of what cities can do to beautify their lands and keep green a color in their environments.

I actually shot this last week, during a bout with a cold. What I realized very quickly as I experienced the landscape with an aesthetic consciousness, I had no cold, no nose, no pockets full of tissues. I was not alone. I was not with any one else. I just was.





  • MAP:
  • A LITTLE HISTORY:
    • This is a cooperative effort between two cities in Blount County Tennessee.
    • The Maryville Portion was completed in 1998. (1)
    • It is 15 miles long. (2)
  • CURRENT USAGE: Parks, Bike and Walking Trail, and Fitness Trail

No comments: